A PPC specialist is an excellent idea to both have in your business or outsourced. Sure, someone without a basic knowledge of PPC and a basic marketing background would help you, though not at the critical level that a qualified PPC expert can help you. What’s more, an experienced PPC expert will be able to spot the right PPC campaigns to run that will drive the kind of traffic that converts into leads and sales. Here’s what you should look for when hiring a PPC expert:
* Organizes analytical skills. The specialists you’re considering for your online marketing campaign should have analytical skills. Good PPC pros are adept at pulling out the numbers from the haywire that is today’s digital marketing environment. They’ll need to pull out keywords that aren’t getting much traction and working out why. They’ll need to track down and identify hot niches that have already been taken, but that offer the potential to grow.
* Is familiar with the fundamentals of SEO. If you’re running an online marketing campaign and you’ve got an existing website, then you know that your site isn’t likely to make it onto the first page of Google if you don’t target specific keywords. This is where PPC marketing comes in. Not only does the specialist need to know the basics of SEO, but they need to be able to interpret recent trends and decipher which keywords (and phrases) are doing well. A good PPC keyword research campaign needs to be done on a regular basis to identify new trends and to continually improve upon the old trends that have been effective in the past.
* Does a strategic approach to optimization. Good PPC specialists won’t just jump into doing SEO for you; they’ll have a long term strategic goal for optimizing your site and driving up conversions. This means that your SEO specialist won’t be doing anything automatically; they’ll be implementing strategies that complement what you’re doing.
* Analyzes market behavior. Good PPC marketers will analyze current trends and behaviors to see which ones are doing well and which ones aren’t. This kind of market research is best done by the big name experts who have been there and done that, so this is a step that you don’t want to pass up if you’re serious about your marketing success. Look for specialists in the marketing niche that regularly analyze the top landing pages in order to better serve their clients.
* Removes inbound ads. No one likes annoying ads that are distracting. Many PPC campaigns are built around keywords and generating ads based on the content of the site, which is fine if people are actually clicking through those ads. If not, a specialist will eliminate all inbound ads from your site, no matter how attractive they are, in order to generate better results with the most targeted traffic.
* Launches new campaigns. You should never be launching too many new campaigns each week. Most PPC specialists know that this is an incredibly stressful process for companies with a large campaign volume. Rather than launching a large number of new campaigns every week, it’s far better to launch a series of smaller, well-targeted campaigns throughout the month. This will allow you to more effectively manage and track ad performance.
PPC advertising campaigns can be very profitable if done correctly. However, there’s no real guarantee of success. In fact, it can take months for some PPC specialists to get their sites making good money, while others struggle for years. In order to ensure success with their marketing professionals, many businesses choose to work with a PPC advertising specialist. If you want to find out more about finding the right specialists for your business, make sure to read the next few sections of this article.