An SEO professional is responsible for optimising a web site for the purpose of boosting its rankings in the search engine result pages (SERPs). An SEO professional can be called by different names such as SEO guru, SEO pro, SEO analyst, SEO marketing specialist, or SEO consultant. The role and responsibilities of an SEO professional are not static. In fact they are continuously evolving as the world of the internet grows.
What is SEO? SEO is a process of enhancing website visibility and popularity by means of search engine optimization (SEO). SEO services involve techniques used to get a high ranking in SERPs by using certain methods like keyword research, article writing, link building, search engine submission, on page optimization, web analytics etc. The process of SEO is a continuous one, as new applications are being discovered every day. Some of the popular ways of SEO are:
– Digital Marketing. Digital marketing encompasses all the traditional advertising channels such as print, broadcast, and Internet but also extends to the world of search engines. With the expansion of search engine technology, digital marketing services are proving very successful. Some of the digital marketing tools being used by SEOs include:
– Link Building. One of the most crucial steps in search engine optimization is the creation and maintenance of quality links. A search engine optimization specialist not only creates these links but also ensures that they are well directed towards the client’s website. This is done by researching keywords, reading other blogs, participating in forums, submitting articles and reviews to directories and building relationships with other SEOs. SEOs also improve their online reputation by making sure that all the links are reciprocal.
– Yoast. The Yoast SEO expert has a unique perspective on search engine optimisation and incorporates his or her knowledge of search engine ranking methodology with extensive digital marketing and link building strategies. SEO yoasts are masters of copywriting and can create compelling content for websites, blogs, press releases, and even corporate intranet portals. The Yoast SEO specialist’s expertise lies in creating high quality links from authoritative sources that help increase a site’s search engine rankings. SEOs employ a wide range of techniques and technologies to increase the relevancy of a site’s content to help increase traffic and ranking.
– SEO Bill Slawski. SEO experts, also known as SEO gurus, are well-known for their ability to crack the digital marketing code. SEO Slawski is a professional SEO that has honed his or her skills through many years of service. SEO Slawski first came onto the scene when he was hired by Yahoo! to implement the then-popular Y!
– Brad Callen. SEO expert and creator of SEO Mind Map software are well-versed in search engine optimisation, link building, and organic traffic generation. SEO Mind Map is a popular tool that helps businesses to visualize their goals and create action plans to achieve them. SEO Slawski, according to him, is the perfect candidate to develop SEO Mind Maps because he understands how important it is to drive organic traffic to a site. While this method is not likely to result in a large number of new customers, it will increase the amount of hits a site receives, thus potentially providing a boost to profits.
SEO specialists are needed more than ever as the rules and regulations of search engines continue to change. SEO is not a guaranteed way to success, but with proper research and implementation, SEO can be an effective marketing tool for any business that is willing to learn. An SEO consultant can analyze your website and determine what strategies are best for your current situation and can offer sound advice. When you choose an SEO specialist, do so based on their track record and their willingness to work closely with you.